Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 1998 13:53:38 -0600
From:      Cliff Roman <white@wavetech.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD

I purchased my FreeBSD CDs last week and I am happy to say, I am starting
to make some progress
in the brand new world of Unix (brand new to me that is).

However I would like to be able to dialup my IP, connect via PPP and then
use IRC, FTP and TINTIN
directly from my FreeBSD.

The only part I am missing here is the dialup part.. I was looking through
my ports and I came across
DIP.. I did the MAKE INSTALL and it looks like it installed correctly,
however I can not figure out how
to start it up. I tried "dip" and "DIP".. just keeps telling me it doesnt
exist.

First off... is DIP the program I even want to use for my dialup?

Second... where does it put itself so that I can add it to my path?

Any help here is much appreciated.

Thanx,
 Cliff

P.S. One other quick question.. whenever I MAKE INSTALL a port.. after it
is done, it always comes
back and says something like "is already installed", it looks like it is
trying to do it 2x.. any idea why?

Thanx again