Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:17:26 +1100
From:      Greg Lane <gregory.lane@anu.edu.au>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, jacks@sage-american.com
Subject:   Re: Dynamic IP Resolvers

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 08:21:19PM -0800, Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net> wrote:
> [...]

Perhaps I should clarify 2 things:

1)  ipcheck checks if the IP address has changed. It only updates when
it has changed, or every 28 days if it hasn't so that dnydns.org
doesn't drop you from their database for being idle. I only run it
every five minutes to see if the address has changed. It might serve
as a nice template for your script. The source is easy to understand.
See http://ipcheck.sourceforge.net

2) dnydns.org is free as well

I know nothing about zoneedit.com. Sorry!

Cheers,
Greg