Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:17 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Gabriel Linder <linder@jeuxvideo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports build parameters (knobs)

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 09:54:08AM +0200, Gabriel Linder wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> During the build of the graphical portion of my new FreeBSD-powered
> laptop I noticed that some knobs are not listed in /usr/ports/KNOBS and
> so, I can't add them to make.conf before building the packages.

I don't see why not.
=20
> When I run "make fetch-recursive" for fluxbox, I get :
>=20
> WITH_DEBUG=3Dyes          Build with debugging symbols
> WITH_DOCHTML=3Dyes        Install the HTML documentation
> WITH_DOCPDF=3Dyes         Install the PDF documentation
> WITH_GNOME=3Dyes          Enable GNOME support
> WITH_IMLIB2=3Dyes         Enable Imlib2 (pixmap themes) support
> [snip]
>=20
> and for libiconv :
>=20
> WITHOUT_EXTRA_ENCODINGS=3Dyes     Disable extra character sets
> WITH_EXTRA_PATCHES=3Dyes          Apply extra patches (fixes cp932, adds
> EUCJP-MS)
>=20
> GNOME and DEBUG are listed in /usr/ports/KNOBS, but IMLIB2 and
> EXTRA_PATCHES are not... Is there a way to have the full list of
> supported build options?

Look at the port Makefile.

> Or maybe I am wrong and these settings are not
> supposed to be in make.conf but in /var/db/ports/<portname>/options, if
> so please let me know :)

If they aren't OPTIONS, just list them in make.conf like this;

=2Eif ${.CURDIR:M*/x11-wm/fluxbox}
WITH_IMLIB2=3Dyes
=2Eendif

This way the variables are only defined when make is called from a
directory that ends in x11-wm/fluxbox.

Roland
--=20

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg