Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:43:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      Martin Welk <mw@freibergnet.de>
To:        Khaled Daham <khaled@mailbox.telia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999.

This message is in MIME format
--_=XFMail.1.3.p0.FreeBSD:990113084346:453=_

On 12-Jan-99 Khaled Daham wrote:

()  And the fact that it seems impossible to order something from them
()  makes
()  the effort of trying to read german not worth it.. Have tried to order
()  that damn red-freebsd-plushie for 4 months now .. I guess Ill be
()  better of
()  trying to compile one myself :)

Unfortunately, the last year brought us a lot of work with plueshies and
those things we earn our money with. Khaled, Iīve checked your order and
it looks like you order with the option "payment-on-delivery" (Nachnahme
in german language). We simply cannot ship with that option to Sweden,
and my mail folder says thereīs a note about that fact that I sent to
you. Unfortunately the maillog is no longer available.

We have founded a new company starting with the beginning of the year, and
Ingo Liebscher is still working on our new pages - because of the other
work we have, we decided not to translate the old pages because they
completely change. They should have been on the server in December.
We are definitely going to translate the pages, but as the only one yet
here speaking and writing english somewhat fluently, itīs still some kind
of time problem yet.

As I stated on a german freebsd mailing list (de-freebsd-chat, I think),
we sell those daemons on a non-profit business. In digits, this makes
about 15 DEM for us, not including shipping & handling. Shipping costs
are about 5,80 DEM _in Germany_, the parcel costs about 1,50 DEM, and
we have to pay 16 % VAT. For international orders, we give them away
for 45 DEM + shipping (and only shipping).

We sell those BSD daemons because they give us some publicity (in this
case, unfortunately more negative) and because of the fact that FreeBSD
gives us as a company working in the ISP business a really solid and
stable server (and workstation) operating system. We simply like both,
the daemon and FreeBSD.

For all people interested in a daemon: look for others, who want one.
Shipping costs depend on the destination country and the weight. For
example, a parcel to the U. S. costs 40 DEM per parcel and about
4 or 5 DEM per kilogram (I have to look it up). Ask via e-mail to
info@freibergnet.de, how much your parcel will cost. Order by e-mail
to the same address, if you canīt use the shop because of the lack
of english language.

Our new employee is working on a new machine running Apache with SSL,
so we will definitely offer secure web orders in the next weeks. We
have an evaluation server running on another (less fast) machine
without a certified key. Itīs address is shop.freibergnet.de, and
you can use it, but donīt blame us if something doesnīt work right.
How I said, itīs currently just a test for us. It works fine, we
have tried it with a bunch of people ordering from Germany.
Be warned: your Netscape will tell you endless stories about our
uncertified key.

Khaled, could you be so kind to give us your credit card data? My PGP
public key should be available on the PGP key servers net, Iīll add it
below. You can also use our fax no. given in the signature.

(This is of course also valid for anybody else who wants to order: give us
your address, a shipping address (if different), credit card data, what
you want, an e-mail address.)

The daemon is also available in a smaller version, 15 cm high. Itīs almost
as expensive as the 30 cm version, as production costs are almost as high.

We decided to only accept credit cards for international orders as
everything else is more expensive for us. Cheques cost us about 20 DEM,
international money transfers about 10 DEM. If customers are ready to
pay that additionally, okay, no problem. But we canīt pay it.

I was away between Christmas and January, 1st. And there are still about
200 e-mails that went directly to me that I have to answer.

Regards,

Martin
--
FreibergNet Systemhaus GbR                   Martin Welk * Sales, Support
Systemhaus für Daten- und Netzwerktechnik           phone +49 3731 781387

--_=XFMail.1.3.p0.FreeBSD:990113084346:453=_

--_=XFMail.1.3.p0.FreeBSD:990113084346:453=_--
End of MIME message