Date:      Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:51:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        beav <beav@softhome.net>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel PR440FX

Have three of them currently in use (Intel Providence 440FX Dual)... two
w/ dual 166/512's overclocked to 200, and one dual 180/256 upped to 200
also.

The 166's will actually go to 233, but you need some serious cooling with
that... the 180's won't go past 200 reliably. All three boxes are _major_
space heaters (especially with older Barracudas in one of them...)
The fact that I'm running them in mid-tower cases rather than full-tower
also doesn't help...

They run flawlessly overclocked, and are extreme performers for the price.
One of my boxes easily outperforms an associate's dual PII-233, although
that is helped out a bit by the Barracudas...

The only killer with the PPro's is the fact that you have to get the
buffered EDO DIMMs, as opposed to normal DIMMs, so they are a little more
expensive.

-Gary Margiotta				Voice:	(973) 835-9696
TBE Internet Services			Fax:	(973) 835-2133
http://www.tbe.net			E-Mail:	gary@tbe.net