Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:32:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      Karl Hanmore <avatar@ultra.ultra.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Simple(?) Dummynet Question

Good Day All,

I have been experimenting with ipfw pipe's and DUMMYNET, and have been
very happy with the results.  However, I cannot for the life of me get my
current application to function.

My aim is to _guarentee_ 10Kbit/s of my 64Kbit/s link for ssh traffic, so
I can make sure office http/ftp does not lag my ssh connections.  In order
to do this, I tried 2 sets of 2 pipes, one set restricting ALL traffic in
and out to 54Kbit/s, and the other set to restrict ssh to 10Mbit/s.
However, all I succeded in doing was limiting my overall pipe to 54Kbit,
and ssh to a max. of 10Mbit/s of the 54Kbit/s pipe.

Can anyone recomend a list of rules to solve this.  I am going slowly
insane trying to get round it.  I have tried net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=1 and
putting the ssh rule higher in the rule presedence, but this didnt seem to
work either.

Any and all help most greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Karl Hanmore
Ultranet