Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:54:56 +0100
From:      Gerald de la Pascua <geralddelapascua@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   recommended raid cards with freebsd support,

Hi, I have a problem, we have been using the 3ware raid cards which mike pu=
t=20
me on to and they=20
have been great,=20
 however, I have just built a new machine, abit 8w and pentiumD processor,=
=20
and all was fine until I put the raid card in, it just hangs with the 3ware=
=20
message.=20
 I have raised it with 3ware, and they say the board is not tested with tha=
t=20
chipset,=20
I have tested the card on another machine, where it works fine.=20
 I am not getting the feeling that 3ware are going to be able to resolve=20
this any time soon,
 So that's the background, given that I already have all this kit, and the=
=20
parallel=20
250MB drives, could anyone suggest alternative raid cards that they have=20
good experiences of (and have some gui support in freebsd), so that then=20
I can investigate whether they might work with my current set up ??
 thanks in advance for any suggestions,=20
 Gerald