Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 21:50:39 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTPPRO?

Cool,

Sorry I don't have the sources for CTPPRO nor for  FastVid.

I don't think that we need a device driver for fastvid . We can
do it in userland 8)

All you  should need to gain access to priviliged instructions is:

if (open("/dev/io", O_RDONLY) < 0) {
	printf("failed to open /dev/io \"); /* or something to that effect */

}

There are plenty of German hackers on the list . We just need one
of them to step in to translate fastvid...

	Enjoy,
	Amancio