Date:      Wed, 28 May 2014 04:03:46 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware for NAS/NFS?

Thanks to various people on this list for suggestions.

I'm looking for something that does not require a full computer, like the Seagate Central, which is an external NAS hard drive: 2, 3 or 4 TB, NTFS-formatted, USB 2.0 port, connects to wireless router by Ethernet.

NTFS is not the easiest file system to deal with from BSD or Linux, but it might not matter over Internet protocols.

Now I wish my wireless router had a USB port, don't know if there is any workable way to connect a USB drive to Ethernet through adapters.

Tom