Date:      28 May 2014 05:28:35 -0000
From:      Scott Ballantyne <sdb@ssr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Not seeing files in an NFS exported directory

Hi,

I have /var/MOUNT1  and /var/MOUNT1/MOUNT2

/var/MOUNT1 is a directory on a ZFS filesystem and is exported:

/var/MOUNT1 -ro 192.168.1.5

There are various files and directories in MOUNT1, all of which I can
access on the client, with the exception of MOUNT2.

MOUNT2 is an NTFS filesystem, which is mounted with ntfs-3g. I can
access all the files from the server, so I know it's mounted
properly. But when I enter the MOUNT2 directory from the client, it
shows as empty.

Is this because it's a mountpoint? If so, how can I get this to work
without having to do two NFS mounts on the client?

Or is it because it's a NTFS-3g filesystem? And if so, same
question...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Best,
Scott