Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 08:53:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, msmith@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au, gpalmer@FreeBSD.org, dg@Root.COM, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: possible vm kernel death

> Ahh, I wouldn't throw out the memory just yet, since the latest VM changes
> NONE repeat NONE of my machines behaves like they should.
> I'm seeing random sig11's on my p5 box, and my little notebook is
> almost unusable. The only ones that still work are the ones that I didn't
> upgrade :(
>
> So I'd wait a bit for John to catch the latest bugs, or go install
> a system from before sep 7 (I think)...

My machine is rock-solid under current -current, even under strange loads.
I have absolutely no local data showing problems.  VN and CCD do have problems,
and I have been looking at them.  CCD is simply too green to use in production
on -current (and I have no hardware to test it on.)  VN filesystem I/O
has been fixed, but paging I/O is still broken.  I can fix that...

John