Date:      Mon, 17 May 2010 11:37:45 +0200
From:      Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Dimitar Vassilev <dimitar.vassilev@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: nanobsd upgrade partitions

Dnia poniedzia=C5=82ek, 17 maja 2010 o 10:06:05 Dimitar Vassilev napisa=C5=
=82(a):
> Hello,
> Could someone advise how one should create 1 unused partition for
> upgrading nanobsd in myconf.nano? What variables should I put into the
> config file to have a such?
# Number of code images on media (1 or 2)
NANO_IMAGES=3D2
This should do it for you. It does it automaticaly to create two images of =
the=20
same size.

> How big it should be for 4GB card?
It depends on your needs. How much you need for your nanobsd installation.=
=20
Check how big it is now and add some space for future. If you will leave=20
enough room you won't need to reflash full disk but only image of one=20
partition/slice.

> Also what is the filesystem referred by  NANO_DATASIZE variable?
If I remember correctly DATASIZE is size of additional partition f.ex. for=
=20
application data that remains untouched between upgrading of nanobsd.

> Thanks in advance!
> Dimitar

Greetings,
Maciej Milewski