Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:13:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need advise on how to mount certain CD's

> The error I get is:
>
> mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom
> mount_cd9660: /dev/acd0: Invalid argument
>
> I've Googled and read the handbook but I think my settings are ok.
>
> Any suggestions?

ask your friend what filesystem he use. "what is filesystem?" ;)

With windoze user there are only two options - ISO9660 and UDF. Latter if
he use "direct write" with CD/DVD - the option that make writable CD/DVD
appear like a disk drive letter and you just copy files. Probably it's
builtin since windoze XP, but i'm not sure.

Unfortunately UDF support on FreeBSD basicly doesn't work.
Maybe i'm wrong so try mount_udf