Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:13:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@rpi.edu>
To:        Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
Subject:   Re: Sound card setup: ESS Maestro-2E on fujitsu lifebook e-seris

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
>
> > susumu@wakabaya.net wrote:
> > >
> > > http://access.cent.saitama-u.ac.jp/~taku/freebsd/maestro/releng4-20000725.tar.gz
> >
> > This patch makes the driver work (at least using wwmixer and wmcdplay) on an
> > HP Omnibook 6000:
>
> i tried this on a Dell Inspiron 3800, and at the moment all i get is a
> really irritating beep that won't stop until i unload the maestro module.
> i'll try and play with it more later, but at the moment my office mate is
> threatening to kill me ;-)

ok, more news...

after applying the mstr2_gpio and mstr2_spk patches, and adding the pci id
for the Maestro 3E, the really annoying sound is gone, but playing audio
doesn't seem to work.

trying to play an mp3 with mpg123 results in the following error message:

Aug 15 16:13:25 marcus /kernel: pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

this is on a Dell Inspiron 3800

-garrett

| rooneg@rpi.edu                                        garrett rooney |
| http://www.rpi.edu/~rooneg                                 unix geek |
|  unrequited love is neat because it lasts so much longer - w. t. c.  |