Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:01:57 +1030 (CST)
From:      kibbet <kib@knfpub.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world

Hey all,

I got this error, and the 20000205 entry in UPDATING didn't seem to cover
enough for me, I was comming from a clean bin install of 3.2.

UPDATING - 20000205 entry;

                make buildworld
                make installworld       This will fail
                cd usr.bin/xinstall
                make clean all install NOSHARED=YES
                cd ../..
XXX             make installworld

(2)             cd gnu/usr.bin/texinfo
(3)             make clean all install NOSHARED=YES
(5)             make installworld

XXX This line failed for me, so I did (2) to (5) :)

I guess maybe I should go back in and recompile texinfo
without the NOSHARED arg.

Its been up just over a day now, no probs, and its just about
to compile XFree v4.

Cheers,

Kent Ibbetson
kib@knfpub.com