Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 10:36:37 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        hawk2@netcom.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: telnet to freebsd box, says connected but never says "login:"

>>>>> "hawky/Hawksmom" == hawky/Hawksmom  <hawk2@netcom.com> writes:

    hawky/Hawksmom> I was having a similar problem, but when I left it
    hawky/Hawksmom> for a while it woukd get the logni prompt, the
    hawky/Hawksmom> problem was that the remote computer was looking
    hawky/Hawksmom> for the inomming connection via nameserver,

It might also be that an intermediate router can't handle TCP
extensions that FreeBSD has on by default.  Try turning them off by
setting

	tcp_extensions=NO

in /etc/sysconfig and rebooting (or manually doing what
setting tcp_extensions=NO causes to happen in /etc/netstart).

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov