Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:13:04 -0400
From:      Caleb Land <bokonon@rochester.rr.com>
To:        Daryl Chance <dchance@valuedata.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple Versions(ports collection)

Hello,
	I believe that the references to INDEX having multiple
versions simply means that there is more than one version of that port
in the collection (ie Bash, Tk, Gtk, Qt, etc).  This is usually
because one version isn't compatible with the other one.  If you have
more than one version of a port intstalled, the message should be different.

--
Sincerely,
Caleb Land