Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 13:00:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        N <niels@bakker.net>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inetd problem

:> dying daemons bug. There have been two attemps to fix the inetd bug:
:> one by Matt Dillon in rev. 1.42 and 1.43, and one by me (based on
:> patches submitted by Graham Wheeler) in rev. 1.44 and 1.45. I haven't
:> heard any complaints about the inetd bug lately, so I'll tentatively
:> postulate that I succeeded.
:
:Did someone bring it back?  Telnet output:
:
:Escape character is '^]'.
:inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer, too low to make sense.
:inetd in free(): warning: junk pointer, too low to make sense.
:Connection closed by foreign host.
:
:That's to a freshly rebooted machine (with 16 MB memory, 96 MB swap) that
:was doing a `make buildworld' when the X server on another machine that
:displayed the xterm with an rsh session to it.  Since ssh ain't aware of
:Kerberos I'll have to attach a console to look into this further.  Running
:3.1-BETA, cvsup'ed Feb 10, world and kernel.
:
:Sorry, no kernel debugger :( but I'd appreciate it if someone would point
:me to documentation outlining how to configure the port speed in boot0/
:	-- Niels.

    Please do the following:

    uname -a
    strings /usr/sbin/inetd | fgrep Id