Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:01:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Darren Pilgrim <dmp@aracnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are there pitfalls/warnings for CVSup'ing ports-all only?

I would like to update the ports collection on my boxes via CVSup, but I'm
concerned about the risks of doing so.  I figure it's probably a good idea
not to cross major release numbers, but what about such things like
changes from 4.0 to 4.1 to 4.2 that might break a RELENG_4 port installed
on a 4.1-R machine?  Is there an UPDATING.TXT-like file someplace that
details this, or am I worrying over nothing?