Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:26:40 -0800
From:      Brian Nelson <brian.nelson@corp.pocket.com>
To:        Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound on BS AWE64 Gold...

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 07:02:24PM +0100, Siegbert Baude wrote:
> > My AWE64 plays sound REALLY, REALLY low.  I added the pcm and sbc devices to the kernel.
>
> As nobody else answered. Is there maybe a switch or jumper on the card to change
> between line level output and speaker level output?
> Also did you check the sound without the splitter?

This card was working fine in another machine, so I don't think any jumpers would do the trick.  Perhaps the card ate itself, however.

Can someone recommend a good card to get that is readily available in a Fry's store?

--
Brian Nelson                              Demonic Minion/Web Developer
Pocket.com, Inc                                 http://www.pocket.com/