Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:16:14 -0500
From:      Jim Manley <jmanley@metronet.com>
To:        kstewart@urx.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1-RC hangs on boot

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Kent Stewart wrote:

>=20
> Can you boot into single user mode and see if you made a typo on the
> kernel. Things could get pretty bad if you were still booting the old
> kernel and the new world.
>=20
Maybe I screwed up to begin with.  I just rebuilt my pre 7/6, 4.0-stable =
kernel.
Was that a mistake?

I tried to build and install a kernel based on the GENERIC kernel configu=
ration
file in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf.  That didn't work either.  I get the same
response as I did before.  System just hangs at the same place.

Jim