Date:      Wed, 28 May 2014 12:57:52 -0500
From:      Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120@gmail.com>
To:        Gene <fbsd@brightstar.bomgardner.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: info needed-upgrade 8.1 to 10.0 with zfs root

Hey Gene,

I don't have any advice to give in the matter of upgrading FreeBSD, but I wa=
nted to make sure you knew: ZFS has "send/recieve" commands that you can use=
 to send complete images of ZFS filesystems between two computers that are r=
unning ZFS. This means that you can send a full snapshot of your FreeBSD 8 m=
achine to some other machine that can be used as a backup PC; that way, it'l=
l even come with all the ZFS settings built into the file system, which make=
s an extremely accurate backup. You probably knew all this, but I just want t=
o make sure. :)

--Matt