Date:      Wed, 28 May 2014 19:56:34 +0000
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Vin=EDcius_Ferr=E3o?= <ferrao@if.ufrj.br>
To:        Eric Rapilly <eric.rapilly@orange.fr>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: tar gz

You should get to compilation basics.

First extract the package with tar zxvf filename.tar.gz then run ./configur=
e in the extracted files and make install.

For sure it will not work first, you should solve the dependencies during t=
he ./configure phase.

Another point is that a package with this name does not appear to be compil=
ed.

Abra=E7os,
Vinicius.

On May 28, 2014, at 16:41, Eric Rapilly <eric.rapilly@orange.fr> wrote:

> Hello, I hope that everything is OK for you. My problem is that i'have go=
t a package like i18n-fr.tar.gz, i.e a package for french language. I belie=
ve Ill have to compile it. What are the step to be followed? If you could b=
e very accurate, I'll appreciate . Bye and thanks