Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:54:17 -0400
From:      "FBSD_User" <FBSD_User@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Bill Moran" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, "Andrew Thomson" <ajthomson@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: restrictive ipfw ruleset and ftp

Read man info carefully. The fw_punch IPFW command opens up more
things than just FTP.  There is no way just to active FTP part. The
other things become a security problem.  The fw_punch command is a
very poorly designed command and should have never been allowed into
IPFW as it currently is. User be ware.   Best solution is to make
and publish to all users of your environment that passive FTP is
only FTP method allowed to be used per security, and be done with
it.