Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:55:24 +0700 (NSS)
From:      Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        Fred Souza <cseg@kronus.com.br>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pine 4.21 port issues?

--0-1638822970-969450924=:29670

hi, there!

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Matt Heckaman wrote:

> :   Going again into the silly root.mail 1777 solved the problem, but I
> :   definately don't like that idea.  Any pointers on how to get rid of that?
>
> Yeah, just do what someone suggested and what I just put in over here, it
> gets rid of the messages and doesn't hurt anything that I've seen.
>
> Create /usr/local/etc/pine.conf.fixed, in it put:
>
> feature-list=	quell-lock-failure-warnings
>
> That'll enforce that option on all pine clients, effectively shutting up
> the message. I doubt running pine with /var/mail root:mail 0775 will hurt
> anything, I've *always* ran it that way.

this is hardly a security issue but pine4 always had patches/patch-aw to
quell this warning. but since libc-client has been moved to separate port
it does not have this patch (pine4 port now uses libc-client from
/ports/mail/cclient/ and all imap patches in it are useless).

add attached patch to to ports/mail/cclient/patches and rebuild it. port
maintainer of mail/cclient has been contacted.

/fjoe

--0-1638822970-969450924=:29670
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--0-1638822970-969450924=:29670--