Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:42:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
To:        ler@lerctr.org (Larry Rosenman)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.2

Hi all!

Larry Rosenman wrote:

> * Lanny Baron <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM> [001115 19:36]:
> > Hi,
> > Are you able (assuming you're running FreeBSD) to get staroffice52 to
> > browse the net? I can't. StarOffice5 no problem. Unfortunately, SUN will
> > not give any tech support for FreeBSD.
> >
> > So if you can get it (staroffice52) to browse, would you be so kind as to
> > tell me what you did to get it to work.
> I'm also interested in this, as well as checking mail....

I haven't tried SO 5.2 yet, but when I installed SO 5.1 I found out
the following:

- I was running a local named

- My /etc/resolv.conf just contained a "search domainlist" line,
  no "nameserver" entry, since I was running a local named

- SO 5.1 couldn't resolve hostnames until I created
  /compat/linux/etc/resolv.conf with a proper "nameserver" entry

Maybe the Linux resolver libs don't fall back to the local named
if resolv.conf exists?

Something like that?

HTH,
Patrick
--
--- WEB ISS GmbH - Scheffelstr. 17a - 76135 Karlsruhe - 0721/9109-0 ---
------ Patrick M. Hausen - Technical Director - hausen@punkt.de -------