Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:08:30 -0600
From:      "Bert Hiddink" <hiddink@galileo.or.cr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Subject:   Re: ppp.conf

Hello, Matthew,

El 12 Sep 00, a las 17:01, Matthew Emmerton escribi=F3:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Bert Hiddink wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Could someone help me out with the configuration of my ppp. My
> > ppp.conf looks like this:
>
> <snip>
>
> It's because when you load ppp and type 'dial', all it does is execute
> the stuff under the default: label.
>
> If you want to dial the number you've specified under the papchap
> label, you need to say 'dial papchap'.  I would also consider changing
> the label name to something a bit mor informative (perhaps relating to
> the ISP?)

Thanks for this! Indeed now it marks the number and seems to do the
handshaking... but after a while it says: Warning: chat script
failed!

I checked a manual of Steve Sims
http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/index.html

He explains to add a second file, apart from ppp.conf, to the
/etc/ppp/ directory. Might that be tthe problem here?
http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/x340.html#AEN530

Would it be helpful to add the DNS entries of my ISP somewhere? If
positive, where should I put these?

Could you help me some more?

Many thank in advance!!!

Regards,

-brt

   Bert Hiddink, FUNDACION GALILEO
   Correo electronico: hiddink@galileo.or.cr
   Sitio: http://www.galileo.or.cr
   Tel. (506) 280 8683, telefax. (506) 280 8847