Date:      Wed, 19 May 2004 00:58:47 +0200
From:      "Willem Jan Withagen" <wjw@withagen.nl>
To:        <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>, "JG" <amd64list@jpgsworld.com>
Subject:   Re: Why is MySQL nearly twice as fast on Linux/AMD64 Vs. FreeBSD/AMD64?

----- Original Message -----
From: "JG" <amd64list@jpgsworld.com>
> Well, I've finally got some initial benchmarks here...
>
> I plan to do many more and encourage anyone who wants to see FreeBSD
> perform better
> in these benchmarks to give me tips or suggestions to help boost performance.

Well you do not mention if you've diabled WITNESS and INVARIANT stuff.
'cause if you want to benchmark, that is what makes a big difference.

Look at the graphs I made for some simple NFS benchmarking at:

http://withagen.dyndns.org/FreeBSD/NFS-performance/#bonnie-local

where especially the reading blocks makes a big difference.
Even more so, when the data is still in memory.

--WjW