Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:37:39 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        "LinuxExpo.Net Editor" <editor@LinuxExpo.Net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exhibitor preview of Linux World

To Kathy, Dr. Taylor and the public forum where I displayed
my thoughtlessness,
   I would like to keep this from snowballing any further
than it has. I certainly do not want to be responsible for
any rift between a Linux organization and FreeBSD. I in no
way represent any part of the FreeBSD project, and any
opinion I gave was strictly my own, inappropriate as it was.
You can rest assured, if there is a dullard in this group it
is the one posting this message.
   Once again, my apologies. I can't tell you how sorry I am
for upsetting you. Please do not hold my idiocy against
FreeBSD.

Brett Taylor wrote:

> Hi Kathy,
>
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, LinuxExpo.Net Editor wrote:
>
> > I guess I'll take a print out of your note and show it to the folks at
> > the booth and explain it's all we got as a response to an offer to
> > promote your group.
>
> The problem is you did not send the email to the developers of FreeBSD,
> nor Walnut Creek, the primary distributor, but to a mailing list designed
> to answer users' questions about FreeBSD.  This list is populated by a
> large number of new users and a few experienced users to help the new
> people, but is not (primarily) populated by the core group of developers
> due to the low signal to noise ratio.
>
> Your email would have been better sent to freebsd-core or at least
> freebsd-advocacy.  The -core address would have gotten you the core group
> of developers.  At this point, I would recommend you contact Jordan
> Hubbard directly at jkh@freebsd.org.
>
> I'm sorry this occurred - as with anything, you don't always get
> represented well by users.  This user is not officially associated with
> the FreeBSD core team and I would hope that you don't hold it against us
> (not that I'm any more officially associated than he was - I am however
> associated w/ Daemon News, a BSD ezine and have contributed work to the
> FreeBSD project).
>
> Brett

Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al (ntl-kch-l)
n.	Someone who has been educated past his/her level of
intelligence.