Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:43:01 +0200
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?B?Sm9z6SBNYW51ZWwgTWVn7WFzIFPhbmNoZXo=?=" <jms@caja-granada.es>
To:        "sendmail-questions" <sendmail-questions@sendmail.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   some error messages in maillog

------=_NextPart_000_01D6_01BDE6EF.B35ADA90

    Hello, I've installed sendmail 8.9.1a into a system running FreeBSD
2.2.7 with uucp connect to read my email and I obtain the following messages
into /var/log/maillog file:

    1.- NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): /etc/sendmail.cf: line 809: Inappropiate use
of $# on LHS. This message appears again to the lines 827 and 872. This file
is generated automaticaly with m4 using the file attached to this mail. This
lines are:
    806 SLocal_check_relay
    807 Scheck_relay
    808 R$*                     $: $1 $| $>"Local_check_relay" $1
    809 R$* $| $* $| $#$*       $#$3

    824 SLocal_check_mail
    825 Scheck_mail
    826 R$*                     $: $1 $| $>"Local_check_mail" $1
    827 R$* $| $#$*             $#$2

    869 SLocal_check_rcpt
    870 Scheck_rcpt
    871 R$*                     $: $1 $| $>"Local_check_rcpt" $1
    872 R$* $| $#$*             $#$2

    2.- NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): Warning: .cf version level (8) exceeds
sendmail version 8.8.8 functionality (7): Socket operation on non-socket

    What is happening? Thanks in advance.

------=_NextPart_000_01D6_01BDE6EF.B35ADA90

.			uucp-dom:goya
cl.caja-granada.es	uucp-dom:goya
.caja-granada.es	smtp:%1.caja-granada.es
caja-granada.es		local:

------=_NextPart_000_01D6_01BDE6EF.B35ADA90

divert(-1)
#
# Copyright (c) 1998 Sendmail, Inc.  All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman.  All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
#	The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
#
# By using this file, you agree to the terms and conditions set
# forth in the LICENSE file which can be found at the top level of
# the sendmail distribution.
#
#

#
#  This is a generic configuration file for 4.4 BSD-based systems,
#  including 4.4-Lite, BSDi, NetBSD, and FreeBSD.
#  It has support for local and SMTP mail only.  If you want to
#  customize it, copy it to a name appropriate for your environment
#  and do the modifications there.
#

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)generic-bsd4.4.mc	8.7 (Berkeley) 5/19/98')