Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:26:51 -0700
From:      K Anderson <freebsduser@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Printing Anomalies with fonts for CUPS

The Problem:
When I print from programs like OpenOffice, StartOffice or Netscape the
printing sometimes overlaps, goes past the page margins or even
sometimes beyond an object's margings (Things like tables will cause this).

If I use print to file then have ghostscript to view it everything looks
normal. I can even do ps2pdf and everything still looks fine when viewed.

The Software:
cups-1.1.18.0_5
cups-base-1.1.18.0_5
cups-lpr-1.1.18.0_5
cups-pstoraster-7.05.6
fontconfig-2.2.0
freefonts-0.10_1
freetype2-2.1.4_1
gimp-print-4.2.5
XFree86-4.3.0,1
XFree86-clients-4.3.0_2
XFree86-documents-4.3.0
XFree86-font100dpi-4.3.0
XFree86-font75dpi-4.3.0
XFree86-fontCyrillic-4.3.0
XFree86-fontDefaultBitmaps-4.3.0
XFree86-fontEncodings-4.3.0
XFree86-fontScalable-4.3.0
XFree86-FontServer-4.3.0_1
XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_5
XFree86-Server-4.3.0_8
Xft-2.1.2

The Hardware:
HP DeskJet 697C via parallel port

Cups is configured as such:
HP DeskJet 690 series, CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.2.5 via parallel port

The OS:
4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #21

Has anybody had this sort of problem before and how has it been fixed?
I was thinking of just removing CUPS and its dependents and start over.

Help is greatly appreciated.

TIA