Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:28:32 +0100
From:      "Samer, Michael, IN" <Michael.Samer@Ingolstadt.BERTRANDT.com>
To:        "Brainstorm User FreeBSDGroup (E-Mail)" <bs@rak.franken.de>, "FreeBSD Questions (E-Mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Pedro A M Vazquez [vazquez@iqm.unicamp.br] (E-Mail)" <vazquez@iqm.unicamp.br>

Hallo out there,
I've had the opportunity to read your Article in 2nd FB News. It's
completely true! FreeBSD is apart from beeing free (of charge) a very good
OS! We work here (in my work) with NT and other MS Apps and it always
fascinated (=horrified) me (as an assembler programmer) how U could
spent/waste so much memory/storage. Everything is programmed there "Quick
and Dirty", especially the OS's!
I'm (re-) started with 2.2.8 again just a month ago (formerly in 1993 with
386BSD 0.xy????), and even when I like to hack the consol and using the kill
-9 very often the system never failed. Still a few devices (e.g. my ISDN
Card) remains "dead", but I guess I need time to learn how to create my own
drivers. (I'm quite used to have a big search-time for drivers for my
beloved OS: OS/2). I'd like to use a dedicated Server for my new
dedicated-line to the Internet. It should work as a self-surfin' proxy and
ftp-mirror. As working in a high-technology company (we just "thrown" out
our 9GB Arrays because newer 36GB are available......thrown to my home
"office" ;-) ) Disk space is no problem. But to have a rock-stable and
comfortable ftp and proxy is not so easy. But what I've heard FreeBSD (or
Linux--but I've used Linux 0.93 and 1.01 and 2.02 and 4.1 and 5.0/5.2 and
it's getting bigger and more powersucking any release coming...) is the
right way! Could U agree?!

Greetings to all users/hackers/sysops
Sam

My E-Mail adresses are: