Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2013 08:49:27 -0700
From:      Anton Afanasyev <aasoft@gmail.com>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
Cc:        ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bsdadminscripts and pkng

> Real bumps when converted to pkgng was:
>
> - portmaster cannot use packages for dependencies- huge let down

This one is a big issue for me as well. I usually compile my own, but let
portmaster install build-time dependencies from packages. No pkgng support
means it has to recompile everything, AND it then doesn't uninstall those
build-time deps, despite my supplying it the option to do so.
I've started looking at portmaster source to see if this could be solved
quickly, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the code, so it would
be great if it turned out that someone somewhere has done this already.