Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:57:05 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        Randy Katz <randyk@ccsales.com>
Cc:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>, Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>, "'Mike Squires'" <mikes@sir-alan.chem.indiana.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting Intel Pro100B to half duplex

I didn't say it was my engineering strategy.  I just reported on
what I'd read and asked for some actual data to back up what appears
on the surface to be a wild rumor fired largely by war stories of
old equipment built to a different spec than the current one.

Do *you* know with any certainty if autonegotiation problems are due
to old hardware, mis-configuration (aka pilot error), or just
brain-dead equipment?  How about sharing what you know instead of
challenging my trouble-shooting skills?  This is freebsd-questions.
We're supposed to be helping each other here.

-Mitch