Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 01:08:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      William Wong <wwong@wiley.csusb.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Confused on pppd handshaking

Greetings!

I can't seem to figure out what this line means:

Feb 22 00:57:30 stimpy pppd[319]: No matching compression scheme, CCP disabled

I'm trying to connect to the FreeBSD server using the Cyclades/mgetty/pppd
combination.  The setup works for terminals dialing into it but I seem to be
having a hard time with the ppp stuff.  I tried to disable the various
compressions in pppd, i.e. -vj, -bsdcomp, but that didn't help.

I'm using Windows 95's dialup networking program to dial into the server.
It works going into another setup (Linux box using the Cyclades/mgetty/pppd
combination.). :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
William T. Wong