Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:52:35 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        richard childers <fscked@pacbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Packet radio, TNCs, NOS & FreeBSD ?

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 07:27:18AM -0700, richard childers wrote:
> Does anyone have any URLs describing the interconnection of FreeBSD,
> specifically, to amateur packet radio hardware (IE, TNCs), that they
> would care to share?
>
> A few hours of perusing has turned up darned little - mostly pointers to
> Linux projects.

Once Upon A Time I tried to keep TNOS patched up for FreeBSD but its
roots as a monolithic DOS program plus its prime maintainer being a
Linux zelot, the linuxisms were too much for too little.

7 years ago I was convinced that if one were to write an AX.25 daemon to
speak KISS to TNC(s) and behave much like inetd then everything else
would be darn near easy to write Unix-style one process per connection.

Wasn't interested enough to actually do it. Spent my time trying to make
TNOS work and then burned out.

Sources to the F6-whatshiscall (from France) BBS were once available.
Initially DOS.  Re-written and properly ported to Linux but less
Linuxisms than TNOS when I briefly looked.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net