Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 17:38:14 -3100 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        ajohn@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us (Anil John)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing File - libc.s0.3.0 - help!

Anil John wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> After much trial and error I finally mangaged to get X running with my ATI
> Graphics Xpression card (had to use the beta Mach64 server). I also got the
> 'xdm' window manager running.
>
> But after I installed the fvwm,xfm & xpm packages using pkg_add, I could
> not get fvwm window manager running.  I got a message that says:
>
> ld.so: fvwm: Can't find shared library "libc.so.3.0'

	try a "ldd `which fvwm`"
	it will list all the shareed libraries that fvwm requirs
	and which libraries on your system ld will use for fvwm.
	some will not be found (eg libc.so.3.0)

	find where you have that library (should be in /usr/lib
	on a current system)

	if your system it not running current (check with "uname -a")
	then try making a symlink to your most recent libs.so.X.X
	and run "ldconfig -m /usr/lib"

	then try fvwm again.

	if no joy, then you need to run current.

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/