Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:06:33 -0500
From:      "Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc & Shire.Net LLC" <chad@pengar.com>
To:        Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com>, FreeBSD-STABLE list <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IBM/Cyrix 6x86 133(PR166)

It is a 486 CPU supercharged in terms of the instruction set that it
accepts.  My understanding is that this processor does not implement the
specific P5 instructions that were new with the Pentium.

Chad

--On Friday, February 16, 2001 3:03 PM -0600 Virtual Bob
<hey9811@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was just compiling kernel (4.x-S) on this thing and I had 586 CPU option
> compiled. Boy, was I amused when the new kernel died while trying to boot
> up. Rebooting with the generic kernel, I caught the message from it saying
> a 486-class CPU is detected. Is that right? Or do I have to throw in some
> secret switches while making the new kernel?
>
> ------------- clip here with virtual scissors --------------
> Keyboard stuck error. Press F1 to continue.
> Any unsolicited e-mails will be charged US$500 per e-mail,
>   plus court cost.
> Your contribution to Bill Gates' personal wealth: US$359.17

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@pengar.com			chad@shire.net