Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 05:42:22 +0300 (AST)
From:      root@isis.dynip.com
To:        knollm@lafcol.lafayette.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcp wrappers/identing

On 14 Feb, Mike Knoll wrote:
> I want to ident all incoming connection, like tcp wrappers will do, but
> not require ident to connect.  Just to log the ident response, if
> avaliable.  TCP wrappers will ident, but the require the ident to complete
> before they will pass control over to the actual demon.  Is there an app
> that will accept the connection, run the demon so the incoming user gets
> immediate response, and at the same time, ident the connection?
>
> Mike

What is it that you want, this way you will loose the option to do
something to unwanted traffic, unlessyou are testing something.

Connection using tcpwrapper is immediate in sense that neither the
user, nor the sysadmin will ever complaain of wrapper causing slowing
in traffic.

In case you just need it done, you may hack the tcwraper source code to
do that for you, but I recommend changing the name to  ( repparw ) if
you see what I mean :-)

adios amigo.