Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 20:25:02 +0000
From:      "Anil John" <ajohn@cyberforge.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu
Subject:   Popclient--FreeBSD--FWTK

Greetings,

I currently have a Win95 machine connected by ethernet to a FreeBSD
machine which is connected to the Internet by dial-up PPP.

I am using the FWTK for NAT on this setup.  It enables me to run a
WWW Browser on my Win95 machine and go out onto the Net.

My problem is that I currently have multiple POP accounts and FWTK
will allow you to connect to only one....

A solution that I am thinking will get me around this is if a run
some sort of a mail package on my FreeBSD machine to get the mail
from my various mailboxes and store them on the FreeBSD machines.  I
would then use a Win95 mail client (Pegasus) to connect to my FreeBSD
machine and read the mail.

My question is, Is this feasable?  Does the Popclient package allow
you to do this (i.e connect to multiple POP mailboxes) and retrieve
the mail and store it in a format that can be read by a Win95 POP
mail client?

If it does, how do I set up my Win95 mail program (mailbox, passwd
etc) to connect to my FreeBSD machine?

If this question has been answered before in a FAQ, a pointer would
be appreciated...

Anil

CyberForge Group LLC                * Internet Consulting
E-Mail: ajohn@cyberforge.com        * WWW Publishing
410-597-8139                        * LAN & WAN Integration