Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 13:39:22 -0400
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@widomaker.com>
To:        tcg@ime.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: User PPP question

--------

Gary Chrysler uttered with conviction:
>Branson Matheson wrote:
>>
>>  ifconfig -u | grep tun0
>> >I'm sure it's me|mine, But this just gives me:
>	ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCGIFFLAGS): no such interface

 Yep.. as a matter of fact the problem is this

 ifconfig -au | grep tun0
           ^

 The a here is necessary although for the life of me I cannot figure out why...
if you :

branson@garion >ifconfig -u tun0
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCGIFFLAGS): no such interface

 you get that weather it is up or down :-( ...

 can someone clarify//

 -branson
 Branson Matheson       | Ferguson Enterprises  | If Pete and Repeat were
 System Administrator   | W: (804) 874-7795     | sittin on a fence and Pete
 Unix, Perl, WWW        | branson@widomaker.com | fell off, who is left?