Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:15:13 -0600
From:      "Stephen Hurd" <deuce@lordlegacy.org>
To:        "Eric Lam" <ecrim@earthlink.net>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: SSH Password Authentication...

> Hello, I wish to setup a small script where it ssh's to another machine, and
> then that script input's the password.  How can I go about accomplishing
> this, or if someone's nice, can you write one up?  Baiscally, a script that
> will ssh to a box, and "type" in the password automatically.  Thanks

that's not really allowed... it could be done, but it would be a kludge...
however, it may not be necessary:

     The public key method is similar to RSA authentication described in the
     previous section except that the DSA algorithm is used instead of the
     patented RSA algorithm.  The client uses his private DSA key
     $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa to sign the session identifier and sends the result to
     the server.  The server checks whether the matching public key is listed
     in $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys2 and grants access if both the key is found
     and the signature is correct.  The session identifier is derived from a
     shared Diffie-Hellman value and is only known to the client and the serv-
     er.