Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 2000 18:12:29 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting up kerberos server on FreeBSD 4.x

At 03:44 PM 8/9/00 -0700, Kris Kennaway, you wrote:
>On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Oscar Ricardo Silva wrote:
>
> > One other minor question:  Is the recent vulnerability found in Kerberos 4
> > fixed in FreeBSD 4.1 ?  I saw that 3.5.1 was released but the only thing
> > different from 3.5 was changes in the kerberos code.
>
>Well, what does the advisory tell you?
>
>Kris

OK, found the answer to that one in FreeBSD-SA-00:33.kerberosIV.asc:

At the time it was believed that the implementation of Kerberos distributed
with FreeBSD was not vulnerable to these problems, but it was later
discovered that FreeBSD 3.x contained an older version of KTH Kerberos 4
which is in fact vulnerable to at least some of these vulnerabilities.
FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE and later are unaffected by this problem, although
FreeBSD 3.5-RELEASE is vulnerable.

Should've just looked a little further and RTFM.

Oscar