Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 2002 21:29:35 +0200
From:      Marcin Gryszkalis <mgryszkalis@cerint.pl>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-alpha <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: da driver problem?

Nate Lawson wrote:
> To be more specific, the Qlogic isp* cards ALWAYS require you to load
> firmware to give full access to the drive and do anything useful.  In the
> x86 world, the isp boards only have enough code included on board to
> manage int 13h for bootstrapping the OS and attempting to use them without
> particular, NetBSD and FreeBSD won't even boot without loading the
> firmware (kernel hangs after probing the card).
I *think* I never had this - I didn't have loader.conf - and It worked
without problems :) Now I got It but I cannot reboot the box from remote
  - so I'll test it tomorrow.

  Or - do you think it would be possible to kldload ispfw and reinitialize
the system some magic way (w/o rebooting)?

--
Marcin Gryszkalis <mg@cerint.pl>
or <dagoon@math.uni.lodz.pl>