Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:48:49 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   advice pointer for soundcard

hello all ...

best wishes for newyear and hope you all have a peacful, holy and happy
christmass.

first my apologies if this is not the right place to sk this question, i've
not been a mailinglist user for long, but i have been using freebsd on and off
for some 5 years now.

i have an old gravis ultrasound, i was going to purchas a roland, but they no
longer make hardware sound cards, just a software one that work in ms windows,
i think.

what i would like is to have a soundcard like my old gravis and that works
with freebsd can anybody make a recomendation, please. type of sound card and
where available from here in australia our choises are limited so isuppose i
will have to get it mailorder .. anyway your suggestions and help will be most
apreciated. my freebsd system is virtually my only contact with the world
outside my front door, i am an invalid pensioner and am virtually bed ridden
and on a good day i get to get out of bed and sit at my desk to type ..reall
adventurious i am .. grin.

thanking you in advance, also apologies to malinglist moderator if i am making
inapropraite use of this service.

regards and best wishes to all.

jonathan