Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:30:30 +1100
From:      other@ahhyes.net
To:        <freebsd-jail@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: building with "CLANG"

Hi Alexus,

I could, but it's going to be time consuming. There is
almost no clues (even with a google search) on what this option does. I
am waiting to know if I can safely keep going the way I am and not have
any serious problems. I updated the base OS ok, I just reinstalled world
for one of my jails and ran mergemaster also to update it. Didn't have
any major issues however I noticed the NO_FSCHG= business in the
article.

Would be nice if someone could document what the hell
NO_FSCHG= does..

Alex.

On 2013-01-15 13:24, alexus wrote:

> i dont
know what it does, but can't you just add this and (re)build world
again?

wrote:

>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I recently tried to give CLANG a go with
rebuilding the system (9.0-RELEASE to 9.1-RELEASE). Having read:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSDWithClang [1] everything seems
to be working ok.

>> I noticed something in the document that got me
concerned:

>> # Don't forget this when using Jails!
>> NO_FSCHG=
>>

>> There is a suggestion to add the above to src.conf -- Can someone
please explain what this does? Having forgotten to do this, am I going
to have any major problems?

>> Alex.

> --
> http://alexus.org/ [3]