Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:18:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Barkley Vowk <bvowk@math.ualberta.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FEC with ng_fec.ko on 5.0-RELEASE

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Barkley Vowk wrote:

> So I've upgraded my cluster to 5.0-RELEASE, everything is running fine, so
> I move the fileserver to 5.0-RELEASE, everything is fine. I attempt to
> configure the fileserver to use the 4 network cards in a fec bundle, this
> blows up unhappily.
>
> I can create the interface, I can add the other interfaces, and I can
> ifconfig it as before. But no traffic goes through the interface (ping and
> the like don't work but it doesn't panic), and if I try to use tcpdump the
> box panics. I've had this working for a few years in 4.X so I'm sure my
> configuration is correct. Any ideas?

I know this is broken. It's on my list of things to fix unfortunatly the
list is extending faster than this item is moving up it.

If you have an environment where it han be tested than
that would be good.

One thing I noticed is that you must NOT have the ng_ether node type
loaded or configured in.

I guess the first thing to fix is the tcpdump problem..

can you get a coredump?