Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:37:12 -0700
From:      Frankie Li <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        muthiah anand <smanand@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need about 5000 tcp connection....how to?

Hi,
	I am just a newbie at FreeBSD and network programming.  I am
just wondering, shouldn't you use thread instead of fork when
anticipating such large amount of clients?  I have read from books
(I just began reading couple weeks ago...) that forks are relatively
inefficient, and that it uses quite a bit of memory because it
essentially copies the process into its own memory space.  Threads,
however, is relatively more efficient. (Well, I haven't gotten into
the details yet...)

please don't correct me if I am wrong.  :)
(but please don't' flame me :)

Thank you in advance for you answers.

Frankie