Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 21:40:30 +0300
From:      "Vienkarsi Jautajums" <jautajums@hotmail.com>
To:        greid@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: custom instalation floppie

>Compile the kernel you need and gzip it. Take an existing boot floppy,
>mount it and overwrite the kernel.gz on the disk with your custom
>kernel. Unmount the disk and reboot. I have had to do this a number of
>times.
thnx a lot. I managed to do as You wrote and installed system fine. Just for
otheres who will find this message in archive:
There is tricky part of installing .. you have to copy kernel from floppy to
newly installed system somewhere before first reboot, becuse systinstall
installs GENERIC kernel as default, so after successful system build you can
find that system you just built uses kernel that doesnt find all necceserry
devices.

PS

maybe developers can put some kinda detection in systall or scripts that
install system base .. if kernel ain't generic ask user what kernel to copy

wbr
U.