Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:44:04 -0700
From:      "Ken Brandt" <kbrandt@vmware.com>
To:        <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VMware inquiry

Hi Venkatesh,
=20
I found your name doing research for VMware, an EMC company.  Most =
likely,
you're already familiar with VMware as we're the fastest growing =
software
company in the world, and the global leader in virtual infrastructure
software (software that allows you to run multiple operating systems at =
the
same time) for industry-standard systems.=20

=20

We're headquartered in Palo Alto, and building a new campus to =
accommodate
the continuous growth from the past 4 years and for the years to come.  =
In
the last 2 years we've doubled the size of the company twice and tripled =
our
revenues.  We pretty much own the virtualization market with a 90% =
market
share.=20

=20

We pay competitive salaries, have scheduled performance reviews and =
double
digit engineering bonuses have been paid out at full or above for the =
last 3
years in a row.

=20

Beyond size, growth and even money, we attract the most talented =
Software
Engineers, due to our incredible technology.  If you're one who aspires =
nothing less than the best in your own career challenges and =
development,
then please read on.

About VMware     www.vmware.com <http://www.vmware.com/>=20

VMware was founded in 1998 to bring mainframe-class virtual machine
technology to industry-standard computers, and delivered its first =
product,
VMware Workstation <http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/>; , in 1999. We =
entered
the server market in 2001 with VMware GSX Server
<http://www.vmware.com/products/gsx/>;  and VMware ESX Server
<http://www.vmware.com/products/esx/>; . With the launch of VMware
VirtualCenter <http://www.vmware.com/products/vc/>;  in 2003, and the
groundbreaking VMotion technology
<http://www.vmware.com/products/vc/vmotion.html>; , the company =
established
itself as the thought leader in the newly emerging virtual =
infrastructure
marketplace.

=20

Virtual Infrastructure <http://www.vmware.com/vinfrastructure/>;  =
introduces a
new category of capabilities to the data center enabling businesses to =
reduce
their IT costs through increased efficiency, flexibility and =
responsiveness.
In 2004, the company extended the capabilities of virtual infrastructure =
the enterprise desktop with the introduction of VMware ACE
<http://www.vmware.com/products/ace/>; .  The world's largest companies =
use
VMware solutions <http://www.vmware.com/solutions/>;  to simplify their =
IT,
fully leverage their existing computing investments and respond faster =
changing business demands.=20

=20

Michael, I'd like to arrange a discussion about our opportunities and =
your
background.  This typically takes about 15 minutes and gives you a =
chance to
ask about the company and the technology/products and a chance to talk =
about
your interests moving forward.=20

We can usually do this anytime during the day or early evening, =
depending on
your schedule.  Can you suggest time and a telephone number, so we could =
talk
sometime in the next few days?   Or, just feel free to contact me at =
your
convenience. =20

Regards,

Ken